Thursday, August 11, 2005

Children's Property Rules

Just received the following via email (in Hebrew), and thought I'd share it with you all...

  1. If I love it, it's mine.
  2. If it's in my hand, it's mine.
  3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
  4. If I had it in my possession several minutes ago, it's mine.
  5. If it's mine, it shouldn't in any way ever look like it's yours.
  6. If I build or do something, all pieces are mine.
  7. If it looks exactly like mine, it's mine.
  8. If I think it's mine, it's mine.
  9. If it's yours and I steal it, it's mine.

Got it?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the israeli-arab conflict rules to me...

Anonymous said...

I had to chuckle at the comment by anonymous!

Liza said...

Hey anonymous,

It's not always about the conflict. Obviously, I can't stop you from thinking what you want, but as I said in my previous post, I'm disengaging from that subject for a while. These are children's rules, pure and simple. Stop taking it all so seriously! :-)

Liza said...

And in fact, these rules could not have rung truer for me as they did ten minutes ago, while chasing around the house after my young son, who had his hands full of women's hygiene products, looking for all the world as if he'd just won the powerball lottery.

Anonymous said...

...remember, they're his now...

and depending on what he's done with them, you may not want them back...

lisoosh said...

You forgot:
If it touches the floor, it's mine.

Sorry about the abuse you received over your recent disengagement posts. Oh well.

Liza said...

Lisoosh,

Thanks for your comments. Actually, with "if it touches the floor...", Child often defers to the dog... :-)

With regard to the bashings, it seems to be the trend these days, unfortunately. Anyone who writes anything perceived to be even remotely in favor of disengagement or against anything even remotely against the anti-disengagement camp is crucified.