Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Tis the season to be jolly

And they just keep on coming...

Holidays galore round here, though I can see the light at the end of the tunnel - just one more little festive round to go. Bit strange though, right? On the one hand we're all smiling because we know that nasty ol' working week is a little shorter for each week in October. On the other hand, we know that the holidays bring about an unhealthy amount of quality time with your nearest and dearest (including Uncle whats-his-face and Auntie whats-her-name-again plus their cherub-is-heading-for-a-slap-if-he-doesn't-stop-kicking-me).

So I have a confession...yesterday saw me pull a sickie and politely decline the opportunity to spend time yet again with the in-laws. My cough got miraculously better the moment my wife left, but, strangely enough, it reemerged the moment I heard her key in the door...strange that.

3 comments:

Liza said...

If it were your own nearest and dearest, that would be one thing, but given that it is always "their" nearest and dearest, who could blame you for the occasional sickie? Something I can definitely relate to...

Anonymous said...

can I claim I'm sick to avoid making an entire thanksgiving dinner for my in-laws this year? I don't mind the pot luck celebrations with other ex-pats.. but when I have to do the whole thing myself... ugh...

Anonymous said...

Course you can. Highly recommended, even...