Thursday, December 07, 2006

Meme Me

Do you remember, as kids, there would always be that one kid who was forever walking around with a sign stuck to his back that read "Kick me"? I think I must have one on my back that says "Meme me", as I'm forever getting meme'd. This time, the culprit is Lisa, whose blog, by the way, has just been announced as the winning blog in the "Best Non-Muslim Blog" category (which seeks to honor the "blog written by a non-Muslim that is the most respectful of Islam and seeks genuine dialogue with Muslims") of the Brass Crescent Awards, which, according to their website, "honors the best writers and thinkers of the emerging Muslim blogosphere". Woohoo! Obviously, I'm biased, but I can't think of anyone more deserving of such an award than our Lisa.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. The meme.

  1. Grab the book closest to you.
  2. Open to page 123, go down to the fifth sentence
  3. Post the text of next 3 sentences on your blog
  4. Name of the book and the author
  5. Tag three people
"Suicide's out of the question... it just doesn't figure. I know everything
there is to know about her. She'd never kill herself."
"Murder on a Kibbutz"















By Batya Gur

Tagging: Beth, Jessica, Anglosaxy.

7 comments:

lisoosh said...

That meme strikes me as absolutely pointless.

Anonymous said...

Aw, Lisoosh (spoilsport! :P), *all* memes are pointless.

This one is fun 'cause it's fast 'n easy, it doesn't put you in a position of having to reveal stuff like when ou last had sex or whether there's a pimple on your bum, it shares
book info and it shows how weird text looks out of context.

Plus, look at the pretty book cover.

lisoosh said...

I LIKE the ones that put people in an awkward position, or reveal something about themselves.
It's the voyeur in me.

lisoosh said...

finns.....
Ewwwww!

Anonymous said...

Finns,
you have too much time on your hands...

"He led her through the door and across the plaza to the south end of the pool. It was still filling slowly. The fountain splashed and tinkled."

Looks like I'm reading a really lame book right now...

One Shot by Lee Child.

123 just happened to be one of the most boring pages...

as said...

oh gawd...can i pull the "busy new father" card on this one?

rp said...

I loved this book! I just finished it!